Friday, July 29, 2005

I hope to one day hear Mark Miller and his wife record this song.

Expectations in three

Chorus:

Pride packs her bags and she barded the train with desire
As I stood at the station, I said goodbye
To the fine line between high and dry


I don’t ask for much cause I’ve given up trying
To get through one day with nobody lying
And nothing taken away
If you gave me three wishes I would be done with the dishes
And the Children would sleep just once through the night
And then there might be a way

Chorus

If I could know anything, I would know where you are
And I would know why you left and why you’re always so far
So high and so far away

If I could be anything I’d be that girl on the swing
I’d be the man on the train who helps his wife with her bags
And put an end to the shame

Chorus 2X:

If I had all the kings’ money I would pay off these bills
And have a night on the town and make a run for the hills
And stop this hanging around

© Mark Miller 2005

No comments: