Sunday, February 27, 2005

Do you remember?

It was 2000-2001 and everyone I knew had a IM account. I had AOL, MS and Yahoo all at the same time. I'd had a special browser that allowed you to access all three at the same time.

I remember when it was an insult to your sweetheart to have more than one IM window open and be talking to other people.

Now its Sunday, and I can't find anyone on. I'm never on anymore. I no longer waste entire afternoons typing inane things to my friends and sharing files that are worthless. I'm sure all the above really pleases my employer, but I have to think that its kinda like the Rubic's cube or any other fad, Its days are numbered. Sure, it has morphed into text messaging on phones but to be honest typing out messages to friends in neighboring towns is kinda pointless when cell phone minutes are free.

No comments: