Monday, October 11, 2004

how do you change a dishwasher into a snow blower?

I’m all screwed up today. We went and watched a football game this weekend at a new friend's apartment in the barrio. It was the Cowboys and the Giants and although I don’t really have a strong opinion as to the outcome, I did catch myself rooting for Dallas. I suppose you can take the boy out of the country…

The reason I’m screwed up is because or the nature of camaraderie. It just seems like it used to be so easy. We’d get out of studio at 10:30 on a Wednesday night and 3-9 people would head over to Posse for as many pitchers and cigarettes as we could afford. Before that it was riding around in a circle, flashing people over and looking for the “party” at someone’s house. Now getting together just seems so damned difficult. I almost never see my three best friends in the City.

MWC guy, who is hard to get to come out, must spend a fortune on cabs and trains all to get a 2-3 hours of drinks and a dinner. There’s cpt, who is either working or on his way to Boston to be with his significant other. He’s the wildest person I know who’s never been incarcerate yet if I see him 6 times a year, it’s a lot. Then there’s the guy who live in my same borough, yet it’s a chore to see him more than once a month.

I know its as much my fault (maybe more) that we never have time. It also seems like when we do have time we spend the majority of our efforts attempting to drink our differences away and fumbling between our insincere mates and our general intolerance of those outside our silly little domiciles. I just want to be able to hang out again. I wanna head over to someone’s house and just sit and I want them to do the same with me.

“Hey, what’s up?”

“Nothing, watching the Hogan’s Heroes, thinking about going to the Saxon, later on about 11:00”

“cool, I got something I want you to see. Can I come over about 10:00 and then I’ll go with you?

“great”


As it stands, were left hanging out with the people we work with. People who you can’t tell what’s really going on in your life for fear someone will tell your boss or the co-worker you loathe. So, meeting some people in the neighborhood was a great thing. They drink but don’t seem to get stupid. They're smart but not nerds. They’re Republican but they don’t force there shit on you. It was great and I learned a few off color jokes. So, all and all, it was a good weekend.


Dallas Lost!


No comments: