Thursday, October 07, 2004

Gherkin in London



Jokingly, I've said before, but I feel it bears repeating, that "the British shouldn't be trusted to design anything bigger than a hat". I actually have nothing but respect for Sir Norman Foster. Having experienced the level of work from their office during the construction of Asprey, I feel confident that as a whole they are very strong and precise. However this is the largest uncircumcised suppository I've ever seen.












It should also be said that the building, which is owned by Swiss Re, is vastly vacant and financial not doing so well. And not to draw parallels but the Empire State Building was dubbed the "empty state building" for many years due to its development in a uncertain Midtown Manhattan.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like a bee hive to me