Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Song of 27

Though I may be miles away from her,
with years that pass without a word,
I’ve never seen a moon so high,
her name hangs down from there tonight.

So put your little hand away.
I’ve seen such needy days before.
On nights light this, my hope returns,
though I may be miles away from her.

A locket just for good luck
& a pocket knife for long night,
& a sleepy little dreamer,
with still miles to go.

27 take me home,
& pore that last year down my throat.
The days will fade and the nights will burn,
though I may be miles away from her.

I see her in the doorway,
staring a hole right though it all,
the first of many fits, and the last one was
man, the last one was.

So check your lock and close your eyes.
When you wake up I’ll be alright.
Never tell them where it hurts
& keep you bullet safe inside.

The wind has wept and the sky has slurred
& we slept through the sunrise too
& I’m dreaming still, of who we were.
Though, I may be miles away from her.

No comments: