Thursday, September 15, 2005

Train Song

Train Song
She asks:
Why can’t you sleep tonight,
What’s turning in your mind?
I wanna see the little things,
The ones you try to hide.

She says:
I’ll go get a bottle
And the cigarettes
Meet you on the side poarch
You’ll tell me what you will

And I Try
Oh, I try
But you’ll not get it
Until you’ve lost your mind

You hear:

Carters on the radio
Singin ‘bout his life
You don’t tap your foot at all
Don’t know what it’s about

You ask:

Why do they write trains songs

& pine for their ex-wives?
Why do they love old cars
& drink away their lives?

I couldn’t Try
Oh, Try
Sugar up your gas tank
Not till you’ve lost your Mind

I say:
I wanna tell you something
Bring you on inside
Show you some dirty flowers
Tell you all my lies

I want so much to try again
To faint this pugil stance.
If you pour another round
I might get the chance

And, I try
Oh, I try
But I just get it
When I loose my mind

© los grapadora 9-16-03

No comments: