Wednesday, August 31, 2005

McCarren Head

The patch I wore over my eye
Only let me see half the arc & line
As I listened to you speak
Or told myself as I went to sleep

Morning, your drink will’ve thin’d
McCarren held my head again

It’s been a long time - tryin to quit
The nanno & insignificant
Mounds of dust and fuzz
The cloud of togetherness

‘night, I’ll sleep where I fall
McCarren held my head another night

The bike I got you to ride
Was never meant a tool of flight
Polished tiles in better places
Than static interstates scenes

Your story will come but
McCarren will hold my head another night

Swerving down Java trailing
Wine and cigarette plums
Hoodies like the hipster
a single job instead of two

You apologize for morning but
McCarren held my head again


© los grapadora 8-30-05

No comments: